How people perceive your brand and whether or not they want to spend money with you – ultimately comes down to their customer experience (CX). So, it’s important that we find time to focus on customer experience and make it a priority.
Don’t let obstacles get in your way, you can integrate customer focused values throughout your team and company without dropping everything else.
Here are 5 simple things to get you started that won’t take too long – you can always add to the list over time!
- Celebrate success – When you see an example of great customer experience in your company, share it with everyone — and encourage everyone in your company to do the same. Recognition is a great motivator.
- Empower your employees – Choose someone in your team or company and ask them to act as customer champion by thinking from the customer’s perspective. Rotate your champions to keep ideas and your team fresh, it will also spread the load.
- Hire people with a customer focused mindset – When hiring new employees, consider whether or not they will fit with the new culture. You want them to be as enthusiastic about customers as you are.
- Lead by listening – If you’re a leader, spend a little time each day observing how your customer facing teams are interacting with customers. You’d be surprised what you can learn when you witness these interactions firsthand.
- Make customers a priority – If you want your team to care about customers, start by making it a priority. When you have your monthly meetings make sure customer experience is high up on the agenda to highlight the importance of this topic.
Have you or your company successfully improved your customer experience? Have you got some great ideas to share? I’d love to hear them – get in touch and tell me more!